Adeptic GmbH (Swiss company register code CHE-316.091.820, “adeptic”) takes your privacy very seriously, adhering to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25 May 2018) and applicable Swiss law. This Privacy Notice is intended to set out your rights and answer any queries you may have about your personal data. If you need more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and when you purchase services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- your full name, incl. academic title;
- your home or work address, email address and/or phone numbers (landline, mobile);
- your employer, your job title/function and the department you are working in;
- your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and banking details, if you make purchases from us;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website (inter alia IP address, date and time);
- internet browser and operating system;
- call data;
- and/or any other information you provide
2. How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed in paragraph 1 above for the following purposes:
- to provide you with personalized additional information on our services and reports, e.g. if requested by you;
- to respond to any questions, comments or complaints we may receive from you;
- as required to establish and fulfill a contract with you. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation;
- in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting adeptic's legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- in accordance with our legitimate interests to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our services and reports;
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys
We may also send you direct marketing in relation to relevant new services and reports. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
3. With whom and where will we share your personal data?
In general, adeptic follows a policy of not sharing your personal data if not necessary for the delivery of our services or required by law. In any case, adeptic will not sell your personal data to any third party provider.
We may share your personal data with our professional advisors (such as auditors and external legal and financial advisors), and with our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors. In general, adeptic will maintain strict confidentiality, and we will ask our professional advisors, suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors to undertake all necessary means to do so as well.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws. Personal data may also be shared if unavoidable due to technical reasons, e.g. with providers of website hosting.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
4. How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
We will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us. If you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will retain your data until you unsubscribe from our communications; or, if you have not unsubscribed, (b) while you interact with us and our content; or (c) for 48 months from when you last interacted with us or our content.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require adeptic to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
5. Where is my data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you will be stored in Switzerland.
6. What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right by expressly stating so in any communication directed to us and by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time and request to have your personal data deleted.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved.